The below criteria form the basis of listings but are not limited to this. The final acceptance of a listing is at the discretion of The Low Tox Project. From time to time companies change their product or service and we may not be aware. We also rely on the company to be transparent with information when creating a listing. Some of the reasons for declining a listing include:
- Any product that knowingly includes GMOs or Glysophate treated crops.
- Non sustainable, non traceable palm oil
- Any products tested on animals
- Any products containing non ethically sourced down
PERSONAL CARE AND HOME PRODUCTS
- Harmful synthetic fragrance ingredients, PEGS, Parabens, Phenoxyethanol in skin contact products, Phthalates, Formaldehyde, Petrochemicals, Propylene Glycol are some of the ingredients we don't accept in product listings
- Products that do not disclose their full ingredients
- Artificial flavours, colours and additives
- MSG in all its forms
- While zero waste is an excellent goal, it is not possible with all products. The excessive use of plastics is not accepted.
We rely on our advertisers to adhere to the guiding principals of low tox and eco when deciding to list with us. Some advertisers will not stock a full range of low tox or eco items and only some of their products meet the guidelines. Where this is known we will endeavour to call this out in the listing, request they apply again when their range changes or decline to listing